By

Your washing machine can clean more than just clothes.

1. Sneakers – Remove dirt from your runners.

2. Toys – Soft toys can be washed to remove dirt and germs – gentle cycle is best.

3. Lego – Place lego in a mesh bag and wash to remove germs.

4. Shower curtains – Don’t buy a new shower curtain, plastic and material shower curtains can be refreshed in the washing machine.

5. Bags – Material backbacks and bags to get them looking new again.

6. Pillows – Keep your pillows fresh by washing them. Dining room removable chair cushions can also be cleaned this way.

7. Car mats – Car mats will look new again after a wash.

What non clothing item do you clean in your washing machine? Please add comment below.

Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com

• Don’t forget Car seat covers!! I just washed mine – they look and smell so much nicer :) a bit of effort to get them off, but so worth it. Also our high chair cover was machine washable too.

• I only wash clothes and bedding in mine.

• What a good idea to wash the Lego in the machine, I never would of thought to do that. This tip will defiantly save me lots of time!

• Lke hw

• Think I might wash my pillows and croft toys today. This is the reminder I needed.

• Yes I’ve done soft toys, curtains, toys and shoes as well. I was wondering last week if I should try to wash the filter from the pool pump in the washing machine. Anybody tried that ??

• I don’t think I would put the pool pump in it. The chemicals in it may not do your washing machine any favours.
      It depends what your washing machine bowl is made of what is safe to put in it, and whether some things will scratch it and make it damage other thinngs in its grooves

• Very useful tips to make the most out of washing machine and save a lot of time.

• Blankets, quilts and curtains are some of the things i wash in the washing machine. With soft toys make sure there are nothing in the inside as washing in a machine will ruin the squeaker box.

• Washing machines are pretty wonderful. Glad for modern washing machines – much better than wash boards! ;)

• A friend of mine grows horseradish which is hard to scrape out all the dirt from. So he pops it in his washing machine and does a rinse cycle with it – perfectly clean horseradish ready for further preparation.

• Definitely need to try a few of these, thanks, never thought of sneakers, car mats and lego before, done pillows regularly.

• I tried washing the shower curtains in the washing machine, but they came out so crumbled! Maybe the spin should be avoided.
    I regularly wash sporting shoes, pillows, soft toys and mats in the washing machine. Also the lunchbox!