A UK mum says she felt “shocked” to receive a notification that an expensive couch she had ordered was being shipped to her home.

Isabella McNeil had no memory of purchasing the £340 (AUD $612) grey three-seater sofa and briefly wondered if she had “ordered it in her sleep”.

However, it didn’t take her long to figure out the identity of the mystery shopper: her toddler daughter.

Daughter Rayna, two, regularly plays with her mum’s phone and it seems she accidentally bought the lounge through Amazon during her last tech session.

The website easy to use thanks to its ‘buy it now with one click’ feature, as the toddler has proved.

“She grabbed my phone like she usually does to play with it, and the Amazon app was still open and she hit the ‘buy now with 1 click’ button on accident,” Isabella told The Sun.

“I didn’t realise it until I got a notification saying ‘your couch has shipped’ [at] which point I couldn’t cancel in time.”

By the time Isabella realised her mistake, it was too late to cancel the order, and a huge box turned up at her front door.

After realising it would cost her £141 (AUD $253) to send it back, she decided to sell the lounge instead via Facebook.

couch

“So Rayna ordered a couch on Amazon and I need to sell it today!” her post reads.

“I’m not able to sell it. The return fee is going to cost me 179 bucks in shipping and restocking fee. So I wanna try and recoup as much as possible.”

While she waits for a buyer for the couch, Isabella has warned other parents to make sure their toddlers can’t go on shopping sprees on their devices.

“I just think parents need to be more aware, that when you’re giving your kids a phone, make sure all the apps are closed make sure the passwords are fingerprint locked,” she told NBC.

“Make sure they don’t know your number password, because kids are a lot smarter than we think.”

Have your kids ever accidentally purchased something they shouldn’t have?

Share your comments below

• don’t have your credit card details/paypal details stored on your phone! Or stop letting small children use your devices unsupervised

• At least it’s a nice couch lol

• My kids haven’t brought anything. I log out of any online shops and I never save my bank details to anything.
    It’s an easily mistake to be made on a child’s behalf but a costly one for the parent.

• So far, so good (fingers crossed lol) that my children haven’t purchased something accidentally but I also don’t store my credit card details on my phone.

• Certainly a lesson to make sure there are no apps open or any way to purchase something without having to put in details yourself.

• No I cant even let my child on my tablet to watch a few cartoons without him pressing too many buttons

• Never let my little ones near my phone plus never order on the phone. Have to be more careful these days with all these electronic stuff.

• Oops! That is kind of funny though. At least she ordered something stylish..lol

• But really? How can this happen? Why do people store their credit card details?

• Kind of! My daughter called numbers random numbers at one stage. Phone bill wasn’t looking right. It wasn’t good.

• oh nooo!! I’ve been hearing a lot of these toddler tech sessions lately – super scared and hope i dont end up getting something delivered to my place ssooooon (got a lil one) .