This is seriously one of my worst nightmares! A two-year old girl has died tragically after she climbed inside a clothes dryer.

As reported in news.com.au, police are currently investigating the incident, after the body of the toddler was discovered in the dryer in Georgia, USA.

The little girl, who’s identity has not been revealed was allegedly found dead inside the clothes dryer at a trailer park in the small city of Waycross last Sunday.

The mum of the deceased toddler made the horrific discovery and believed she climbed inside while the mother was asleep.

The Brantley County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed with First Coast News that the child died in a clothes dryer and that the cause of death was from overheating.

A neighbour has said that the girl’s mother was a good mum who took great care of her child.

“She takes care of her girl, she goes to work,” Mr Williams said. “She does the right thing and for something like this to happen in our neighbourhood is just awful.”

No arrests have been made and the investigation is continuing.

What an awful story. Leave your comments below.


  • I dont want to hear such stories it’s sad to know things like this can happen RIP to the little girl, how did the little girl get in the dryer and shut the door and turn it on

    Reply


  • What a tragedy and horrible to think what the little one went through. Not sure how the door closed from the inside. Poor Mum, my heart goes out to her and the rest of the family.

    Reply


  • this is really sad, what a terrible way for this little one to die.

    I don’t quite understand myself how the dryer started after she got in???

    Most dryers I have owned won’t start until you press start/on after the door is shut?

    Is this something that dryer manufacturers should be doing more off to prevent tragic accidents like this?

    Reply


  • There is so much to be said to make sure your dryer is on the top part of your laundry so kids cant climb in

    Reply


  • I can’t even imagine. This is awful.

    Reply


  • So totally utterly sad ! Thinking about how her life ended makes me crinch

    Reply


  • So very sad for all concerned :'(

    Reply


  • Rip little one. I didn’t understand how this can happen

    Reply


  • Really sad. :-(

    Reply


  • It is so sad, a tragic incident.

    Reply


  • So very sad for all concerned. My condolences.

    Reply


  • A heartbreaking accident my heart goes out to the family

    Reply


  • Heartbreaking !! Poor little girl ! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

    Reply


  • Am sorry for the family – but there is no way my dryer can be closed from inside – so what happened here?

    Reply


  • Absolutely tragic!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just submit?

Write A Rating Just Submit
Join