We asked you on Facebook to tell us what the worst thing was that someone said to you whilst you were pregnant.
Many many responses from Mums all over Australia – some hilarious (OK, if you’re pregnant right now it’s probably not hilarious – but if bub is out already, you can look back and laugh – hindsight is a beautiful thing), and some just downright rude.
Here are the top 20 things NOT to say to a pregnant woman.
1) WOW you’re huge. Are you sure there is only one in there?
2) Aren’t you a little too old to be having a baby?
3) Don’t you have a TV? (when you have more than two kids)
4) Hope you don’t crap yourself when you give birth….
5) You’re having ANOTHER ONE?
6) Oh you’re pregnant? I just thought you had gained some weight
7) You must be due any day now
8) Looks like you’re having twins!
9) Well, we all know how you got into this mess
10) But you have one of each, why do you want another?
11) You look too young to be having a baby
12) Do you know who the father is?
13) Are you still with the father?
14) Are you sure you need that chocolate/icrecream/chip?
15) Was it planned?
16) Your shoelaces are undone
17) OMG I hope you’re having a c-section
18) Are you actually pregnant?
19) How are you going tubby?
Last but not least… here is one for post birth:
20) When are you due? (I had the baby three weeks ago)
Do you have any to add to the list?