A religious group in the United States is lobbying against the latest Toy Story movie, claiming it contains ‘dangerous’ lesbian content.

SBS News shares that a Christian organisation called, One Million Mums, is campaigning against Toy Story 4 because the inclusion of same-sex parents in one scene leaves families “blindsided.”

“The scene is subtle in order to desensitise children,” spokesperson Monica Cole said in a statement.

“But it is obvious that the child has two mothers, and they are parenting together.”

The scene in question in the popular Disney-Pixar animation depicts a lesbian couple – in the background – dropping their daughter off at day care. The same couple is then picking their daughter up later in the day.

“It was a noticeably small scene with the sole purpose of attempting to normalize this lifestyle,” Cole continued.

“Not to mention there was a brief comment made about not hiding in a closet also in the movie. Some children may not catch this reference, but it was extremely unnecessary as with the lesbian couple.”

The organisation’s petition, which has over 12,000 signatures, reads: “I do not appreciate Disney including LGBTQ content in the children’s movie Toy Story 4. There has been a deliberate lack of mentioning this content. Therefore, families are blindsided intentionally by your company.”

It concludes: “Actions such as this make me continue to distrust Disney.” Twitter users are not concerned by the content at all

Have you watched the movie yet? What did you think?

Share your comments below

• I loved Toy Story 4 and totally missed this in the scene. Amazing that 1 million people caught it and are upset but same sex parenting is our reality..

• Is this a joke? When will people accept its normal

• These people are ridiculous. Get over it – so many worse things to get annoyed about.

• I saw the movie today and I didn’t even notice it or it mustn’t have registered as something being an issue.
    I think the dolls in the antique shop were worse.

• I haven’t seen this movie but children would see this in real life so I have no idea where the outrage is coming from.

• As one person commented “are they having sex?” No! So who cares. Way more damaging stuff for kids to see out there. And for all the god bothering mums know, it could be a mum and her sister picking up the kid. Its not like they’re wearing labels that say ‘lesbian’.
    I had to go to emergency as a kid and mum got her best friend to drive because mum was so shaken up. Mum’s bestie was basically my second mum and they were both answering the drs questions about me and he assumed I had two mums. Moral of the story. Mind your business. You don’t know what anyone else’s deal is.

• We just seen the movie and i did notice it. Its about time. All families are different so why should this certain couple have to be different sexes. It wont stop me from watching it.

• As if lesbians are dangerous. What nonsense. It’s not like they were being sexually active or anything. Maybe it was a Mum and her sister even?

• It’s diversity, which does exist. Good on Toystory 4 for being real.

• I’m glad just like “playschool” if we incorporate more diversity into our children’s viewing. As long as it’s done with respect for all it’s not a bad to put in more diversity and it can also create positive outcomes from doing so.

• Really? Does it actually say it’s a lesbian couple picking up the child? Could it not be 2 sisters, friends etc? But who cares even if it was pointed out and shown, this is nothing abnormal and there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion

• I haven’t watched it yet.
    But that people make such remarks nowadays is absurd!

• I think people are really going over the top, it was a small scene that a child wouldn’t even register.