Two women will face court over the alleged drugging of a four-year-old boy, who was found with broken bones and dangerously underweight.

The pair, 29 and 30, were arrested in the NSW Illawarra region after the child was rushed to hospital in October, falling in and out of consciousness and slurring his words, shares Daily Mail.

Doctors told police the boy had a restricted drug in his system, had previous upper limb fractures – and was severely underweight for his age.

Detectives were also told it wasn’t the first time the child had been taken to hospital with similar symptoms.

Police raided a home in the Illawarra area on October 12 and seized prescription medications, among other items.

The 30-year-old woman was charged with use poison so as to endanger life, and fail to provide for child cause danger of serious injury.

The 29-year-old woman was charged with fail to provide for child cause danger of serious injury.

Police will allege in court the child was drugged with prescription medication not prescribed to him on numerous occasions.

Both were granted strict conditional bail and are due to appear at Port Kembla Local Court on Wednesday.

The boy is in the care of the Department of Family and Community Services.

Share your comments below


Dynamo - Read The Reviews


  • What a poor little man this child is – these women certainly should not have charge of a child ever

    Reply


  • This is concerning and serious, poor boy !

    Reply


  • Unfortunately over dosing with drugs (even during pregnancy) can cause .long term medical problems. I know of a child who was still having issues at 7 y.o because drug abuse

    Reply


  • I just can’t comprehend how people can hurt kids. they are so little, trusting and innocent and it breaks my heart to hear thing like this and what some kids have to endure. I am glad he is safe now, and I hope he improves quickly. As for the 2 women who did this to him, I hope karma gets them good

    Reply


  • Poor baby. He had to suffer so much. Let’s hope that from now on his life will improve.

    Reply


  • That is so sad, but at least he’s safe now.

    Reply


  • poor little one

    Reply


  • This is absolutely disgusting! I feel so sorry for the little one

    Reply


  • Mandatory reporting to the authorities is needed we have to keep our babies safe and it’s everyone’s responsibility.

    Reply


  • The hospital told the police this was NOT the first time the boy has come in like this… shouldn’t they have informed police and all the correct departments after the FIRST incident? I’m glad this boy has a new and better chance at life!

    Reply


  • Poor baby he should have been given to the government department after the first incident and granting them
    Bail is a big mistake

    Reply


  • Why were they permitted bail? Not the first time he was admitted to hospital like that, slap them with jail time!

    Reply


  • If it wasn’t the first time this poor child was taken to hospital like this, why the hell wasn’t he kept safe after the first time?

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just submit?

Write A Rating Just Submit
Join